China is one of the oldest civilizations globally, with a written history of more than 5,000 years, a rich culture, and a respected educational tradition. This tradition continues to this day, especially in medicine – China is now one of the fastest-growing destinations for international students studying medicine.
In recent years, many students from all over the world have chosen MBBS in China for medical education. Last year, more than 10,000 students came to China to study medicine, and most of them decided the intermediate MBBS course in English. You may wonder why they did not hesitate to select China as their starting point for their medical career. I believe the following are beneficial reasons –
- The 52 approved medical schools are public universities under the Chinese government’s supervision and approve to recruit international students. All of these are in the World Health Organization (WHO) “World Medical School Directory.” This list means that graduates are eligible to participate in national medical screening tests, such as USMLE (the United States Medical Licensing Examination), PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test), AMC Annual Maintenance Contract), MCI (Medical Council of India), PMDC (Permanent Magnet DC), HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa), and SCHS (Saudi Commission for Health Specialties).
- Most medical universities in China are among the top 500 universities globally and enjoy a high reputation for their leading position in the field of modern medicine. Moreover, the English-Intermediate MBBS course is available, and many graduates are now engaged in advanced studies in China or doctors in their own countries.
- China has an excellent educational infrastructure, affordable tuition, and living expenses. Compared with similar courses in the US or the UK, the cost of study MBBS in China is 70% cheaper. In Chinese universities, tuition fees subsidized by the Ministry of Public Health of the Chinese government. All in all, for international students, studying in China is very economical.
- With a population of more than 1 billion in China, this will provide them with excellent learning opportunities because there are many clinical cases to be observed throughout the clinical year. The affiliated hospital where students are engaged in an internship must belong to Level III, that is, Level A, which has the most advanced international standard medical equipment and a large number of hospital beds. Therefore, China’s pharmaceutical market has developed rapidly and has become one of the world’s largest medical markets.
- China is a place of peace, social harmony, and good public order. To ensure that the people live in a healthy and safe society, the Chinese government has taken a hard line on crime and law and order. The government also pays special attention to providing a safe learning and living environment for international students.
- China has made remarkable achievements in the 30 years of opening up to the outside world. Every year, more than 260,000 international students enter Chinese universities, making it one of the most popular places for them to study. China is a representative of an ancient and mysterious culture and a representative of a vibrant new economy, which provides something for everyone. Since students must learn Mandarin during their studies in China, this is a unique advantage for choosing the most widely used international language.