When QuickBooks Error 6010 occurs, it simply means that may have been modified and the user should re-install the application and then try again. This error indicates that QuickBooks is not permitted to access the network due to anti-virus software or firewall. The user might end up in such an issue, when trying to reinstall QuickBooks. There are many reasons due to which this error occurs. Below are the reasons due to which this error can occur.
The below steps related to renaming the .ND files can be of great help in resolving the QuickBooks error code 6010.
- Find all the files whose name ends with file extensions .nd.
- Now, check the files which are facing the errors.
- Right click on the file and click on ‘Rename‘ option
- While renaming, add old in the end of the name of the file so that you remember the file name. For example, the name of the file will be Company ABCD.nd.old
- Open QuickBooks now and check if the error is still there or not.
- Use essential functionality to restart QuickBooks database server manager and get the copy file rescanned.
- Once done, start and click ‘All programs’.
- Double-click on the icon to open QuickBooks application again as well as initiate the action of database server manager.
- Now the ‘scan folders’ option has to be clicked.
- In case you do not find any folders while browsing through the application, click “add folder”.
- If the folder is foun, highlight the folder with files and start the scan.
- Doing this, the heading prompts up “QuickBooks Company file found”.
- Confirm the company file as shown in the bottom box.
- Again, try to access the file by double-clicking QuickBooks icon again.
- Attempt to sign-into the company file and hope things will work fine.
Hope these steps can help you troubleshoot the QuickBooks accounting software error 6010. In case the problem still persists, then opt for the next solution mentioned below.
- Access the folder in which the company files are stored.
- Look for the file with the extension .QBW
- Once you find the file, just right-click it and copy the file.
- Now paste the copy of the file on the desktop
- Now open QuickBooks holding the Ctrl key in order to get redirected to No company open window.
- Click on Open and restore an existing company
- Look for the company file you copied and pasted on the desktop. Open it
Proceed towards the next solution if the QuickBooks error 6010 still persists.
- Login on your server computer as an administrator
- To prompt the task manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together
- Select the user’s tab and check the processes of all users
- You just need to highlight all the QuickBooks process and select ‘End task’.
- Being in multi-user mode, open the company file.
Hope the QuickBooks error code 6010 issue should have been resolved by now. If not then look for the other solution listed below.
- The first step is to click on Start
- Choose the Control Panel
- After that, you have to click on Uninstall a Program.
- Next, click on QuickBooks and uninstall the software.
- Download and run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Now, choose QB version you wish to install and then click on Continue.
- Click on Ok and install QuickBooks.
- Finally, open QuickBooks again.
Fixing QuickBooks Error 6010 becomes easy, once you follow the above steps and procedures. You should implement all these solutions carefully to get rid of this error. However, in case, you are not able to resolve the error, you can contact our 24X7 QuickBooks enterprise support team at 1-800-993-4190 who are available round the clock and resolve the error. We are a team of experts and certified QuickBooks professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services in the least time. Thus, feel free to discuss your queries with us, at any point of time. We will be there to assist you instantly.