When users are facing issues like network-related errors, setting up multiple networks, damaged company files issues, there is a very useful tool launched by Intuit, called QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. This tool is specifically made for resolving the common errors that occur in the QuickBooks software.
With the help of this tool, you can also solve the errors that can occur in multi-user mode or update/ payroll errors like QuickBooks Payroll Error 15263. When multiple users try to access a company file at the same and an unexplainable error occurs, these types of errors can be solved by this tool.
Note:– QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is available in the Mac operating system and for Windows operating system, it is available for these versions: Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, QuickBooks 2008, and later versions.
Merits of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
The following are the merits of using this tool:
- The foremost benefit of this tool is that it helps in resolving the errors that occur at the time of installing the QuickBooks application.
- This tool helps in fixing unexplainable errors.
- In addition to that, this tool helps in saving a lot of time and effort as it eases the process of fixing the error.
- It also resolves the multi-user errors quickly.
- When an employee forgets to update the entries, this tool also manages these kinds of issues.
Points to Remember While Using the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Below are the points that you need to keep in mind while using this valuable tool:
- Always use the latest version of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Ensure that the QuickBooks application is updated to its latest version.
- Allow the necessary permissions to run this tool properly.
- Update the Windows operating system to its latest release before using this tool.
- When you are using this tool, make sure to close all the programs running in the background.
How to Download and Use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Given below are the steps to download and use this tool:
- If a previous version of this tool is already installed on your computer, uninstall it.
- Close all the programs running in the background.
- Visit the QuickBooks official website.
- Look for the ‘QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool’.
- Click the download link to download the tool.
- Right-click the downloaded file and select the ‘Install’ option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool.
Using the Tool:
- Open the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Move to the ‘Utilities’ option.
- Choose the ‘Repair File and Network Problems’ option.
- Allow permissions if a pop-up appears on the screen.
- Go to the folder that you tried to open.
- Choose ‘Advanced Settings’.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the issue.
- Enter the accurate credentials of QB Login and Password.
- Open the tool to examine the problem.
- This will take a few minutes to examine and solve the problem.
- After the scanning completes, close the QuickBooks application and the tool.
- Open the company file to check if it opens or not.
The above article is based on the details regarding How to Use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. There is a payroll error called, QuickBooks Error 15222 that users tend to face.
If a user still has any doubts, they can contact the QuickBooks Error Support experts for technical guidance and expert help by reaching out to this 24/ 7 available