Hp Printer 79 Service Error usually pops up when a print job is corrupted. It can also be caused by miscommunication between the spooler and the printer due to outdated firmware. It is a very common issue on HP LaserJets so I came by the next day and checked things out. The first thing I did was try the troubleshooting guide that HP gave out in forums, but sadly it didn’t resolve the problem. Hence, I attempted to sort out the printer issue based on my years of experience. Here I will be sharing the steps which fixed Hp Printer 79 Service Error in a few minutes.
The Hp Printer 79 Service Error may be seen on your printer on certain occasions. This is a service error that can indicate that a print job has become corrupt. Seeing this error can also mean that the firmware of your HP printer has become out of date. Thus, the spooler of your HP printer may be unable to establish communication with your device.
Steps to fix (Hp Printer 79 Service Error):
- Switch off the HP LaserJet Pro 400 printer.
- Check and Remove print jobs from all the computers that have access to your network printer.
- In the domain network, check who owns each print job in the “See What’s Printing” box.
- Log in to each of those accounts and try to remove them from the domain network.
- If you still cancel the print jobs via specified accounts, remove and add the HP LaserJet Pro 400 from the list in “Devices and Printers”.
- Switch on the LaserJet Pro 400.
- Make sure the printer is connected to the internet. You should have an Ethernet cable running from the device to your switch or router or modem.
- On the M401dn control panel/screen, tap the “Network” icon.
- Check the IP address on the printer. If it displays 192.168.XXX.XXX, means you are connected to your home network. Otherwise, check this guide if you are getting something like 169.XXX.XXX.XX.
- Go back to the home screen and tap the “Settings” icon.
- Select LaserJet Update and check for firmware updates and make sure to get the latest.
- Continue by selecting the update. Then, download and install.
Note:- The above given 2 steps will resolve your error and make your printer error-free. if this does not happen you can contact me on the website.