Whiplash is a common soft tissues injury that results from a car accident involving a rear-end hit. The collision causes the head and neck to move back and forth and brought suddenly to a stop. This damages the tissues around your neck badly which gets worsen if not given medical attention. Whiplash can cause numerous medical issues that can keep going for a considerable length of time or years, making it hard to work and do things you love doing. In short, it affects your life for a considerable period of time. But who is to blame for that? Who is responsible for all the damages you incurred? The responsibility clearly lies on the negligent driver. The other party’s insurance company, then, is obliged to compensate you for your losses. This is done via whiplash injury claim that you have a right to file against them.
However, filing a whiplash accident claim is not as simple as it may sound. There are certain documents that you required to submit. The documents are necessary to prove your injuries and damages you incurred. Here’s a guide to steps you required to follow to prove the authenticity of your whiplash injury claim:
Immediate medical attention
Regardless of whether you don’t encounter side effects of whiplash, look for clinical consideration right away. In some cases, it takes hours or days to develop symptoms of a personal injury claim whiplash. The common symptoms are:
- Numbness in the hands
- Pain in shoulder, arm or back
- Restricted range of motion in the neck
- Pain associated with the movement of the neck
- Clouded vision
- Ringing sensation in the ears
- Memory issues
- Disturbance in sleep schedule
The soon you consult a medical practitioner, the better it will be for you. The immediate consultation not only paces up the recovery but also keep them from worsening. Besides, getting treatment immediately is pivotal to the success of your case. This will keep the insurance company from making your claim look illegitimate. Also, it will prevent them from disproving your injuries by associating them some previous condition.
Following the prescribed treatment
Continuously follow the treatment plan suggested by your primary care physician. It is essential to recuperate rapidly and curb symptoms or other any side reactions. It is also imperative because it attests to the insurance company or the jury that you suffered serious injuries. Halting treatment means denying yourself the whiplash injury compensation amounts you are entitled to. If not that, it will surely affect the whiplash accident claim compensation by minimizing it.
While you file a whiplash injury claim, make sure to follow these practices:
- Narrate facts only: Simply affirm actualities, avoid giving opinions. Stick to important details such as time, date and location of the incident. You can likewise tell the insurance agency about the treatment you are receiving. Try not to give insights regarding the seriousness of your physical issue. On the off chance that you share these sorts of things, you may reduce your chances of getting remuneration.
- Avoid admitting fault: Don’t take responsibility for any fault in the incident. Because anything you say can be manipulated to be used against you. Act smart and stick to obvious details. Let the evidence decide whether you have any fault or not.
- Avoid consulting insurance company’s doctor: The insurance agency may advise you to get your injuries examined by the doctor recommended by them. But you don’t have to do as such. The doctor works for the insurance company and so prioritize company’s interest. That is to get you no or less whiplash injury claim compensation.
To prove your car accident claims whiplash, you need the following documents
- Medical Records(post-accident): These records will help determine the severity of injuries resulting from the accident.
- Medical records (pre-accident): These are your health reports from before the incident demonstrating your health status. This can help wipe out pre-existing conditions that can be associated with whiplash injury.
- Test results: The results of all the tests manifest your physical condition and recuperation progress.
- Documentation of expenses: This includes the details of all bills and expenses you had to bear. Additionally, it also includes the documentation of the time you took off from and the resulting loss of earnings. Having all the damages and expenses documented means more chances of getting fair whiplash claim amount.
Whiplash injury claim specialist
The whiplash injury compensation claims specialist legally helps you in your case, if you hire them. Hiring them is no obligation, but availing their legal help can benefit you. Having all the documents is sometimes not enough. You might need to consult a specialist to tackle the tricky process of a whiplash injury claim. Therefore, it is advisable to get legal assistance from the best whiplash claim company. Visit:https://lawswoodclaims.co.uk/whiplash/